Honestly, I LOVE sleeping in random places I came across in the past 2 years including train station; home of people I met in the church or on the bus; even on the street. But I specially love sleeping in the airports! For many people it could be a doggy thing, for me it is fabulous! Why? Because I can enjoy all the FREEDOM here, FREE to stretch your legs anywhere you want, FREE to use their Wifi (if they have), FREE to drink distilled water or take a shower, FREE air-con. On top of all those, NOBODY really cares about your existence as they are all in a hurry checking in, or saying goodbye to friends and family. That’s the FREEDOM I love here!
After several experience staying overnight in airport, I discover the joy doing this! Now if my friends cannot host me or I have no place to go, I will get on the airport bus and spend a night or two there.
There are some tips I can give you if you wanna give it a try:
- Choose to stay in International airport, as they open 24/7. Most of the domestic one shut after midnight and open again at 5am.
- The best spot to sleep would be under staircases, where there is a plug that you can charge your electronic items.
- Bring ear plugs and eye cover, as the announcements are quite annoying.
- Buy some cheap ready-to-eat food in the supermarket before you go.
- Bring a blanket or a jacket as most of the AC in airport are quite strong.
- Use your big backpack as pillow, wrap all the other bags around your arms or legs.
- Check www.sleepinginairports.net for update information about each airport!
It is one of the fun things I like doing in my traveling journey. You will discover you have plenty of time on your own, to watch a few movies, read a book, or start a chat with other fellow airport-sleeper!