“Hey Sean, can you attend my wedding?”
“I am very sorry that I am not in Hong Kong at this moment, but I wish you all the best with your husband/wife!”
These 2 years I escaped from many wedding invitations, which I am a bit scared to go. Traveling is a very good excuse, haha. But at the same time I was invited to some strangers’ wedding in the places I visited.
Anyway, I have adopted to this nomadic life for almost 2 years. Not having a particular place to go, worried about what is going on tomorrow, laying on different beds very week. Did I regret to spend my golden years to do such crazy adventure? Not at all. Although I am a little bit shortage of money, I enjoy the freedom I have, comparing to all my friends working their butts in Hong Kong and never take a break from their lives.
This is not just a touristic journey, but a spiritual adventure to get to know fully who I am and what I really want to achieve in my life. A long trip to develop a closer relationship with God, with the inner me, as well as the souls of other beautiful human beings. There were some unforgettable moments in my trip so far:
- The desperate moments I encountered when I reached my limit of disappointment in Infanta.
- The hope in the eyes of terminal illness patients in Prem Dan, Kolkata.
- The promise Eileen and I made on the bus to Bagan, Myanmar, to serve you using our profession.
- The time spent in the border between Thailand and Myanmar, where the civil war is still going on.
- Hitchhiking with Zang on 318 highway in Tibet.
- Bungy jump in Nepal.
- Eye surgery and Holi festival in Kolkata.
2 years on the road seems very long for people who pursue stable life, but for me, it is too short, I still have a lot to see in this world!